We are Cosmic Web Hosting ("we", "us" or "our")
1.2. We own and operate https://www.cosmicwebhosting.co.uk/ (the "Website"), through which you can access functionality and information in respect of the services we provide to you from time to time ("Services") under our Terms and Conditions.
1.3. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (or any other subsequent enactment of it in the United Kingdom) (together, "Data Protection Laws"), we are:
1.3.1. a data controller in respect of any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect, through the Website (including personal data you provide to us, or that we collect, during your registration for, and subscription to, the Services we provide) or otherwise in your communications with us.
1.3.2. a data processor in respect of personal data that you share with us as part of your use of the Services that we provide, and in respect of which you are the data controller; our and your respective obligations in relation to that personal data are set out in our Terms and Conditions, and additional information is set out in paragraph 4 below.
You can contact us through our support ticketing system.
1. We are the data controller for any information you give to us during a job enquiry or application process.
2. We will only collect the information that we need for recruitment purposes as part of the job application process, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, employment history, salary history and referees (together, "Recruitment Data"). We will retain Recruitment Data for as long as is necessary, and in any event for no longer than two years, and, if we employ you, for the duration of your employment with us and for a period after your employment ends, in accordance with our internal policies of which you will be informed if you join us.
3. We will use Recruitment Data only for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry or application, or to fulfil our legal and/or regulatory obligations. This might include contacting you to keep your application moving, and assessing your suitability for the particular role we have available.
4. We will not share Recruitment Data with any third parties for marketing purposes, and we will not transfer it outside of the European Economic Area.
5. You do not have to provide personal data to us when we ask for it, but it may impact your application if you do not give us all of the information we need to assess your suitability for the role we have available.
6. If we make you a conditional offer of employment, we will ask you for further information, such as proof of your qualifications and identity, and information about your health. If we then make you a final offer of employment, we will ask you for details of your bank account (so we can pay your salary), emergency contact details, and details of any pension scheme of which you are a member.
For the purposes of Data Protection Laws and paragraph 1.3.2 above only, we process "Personal Data " (as defined in our Terms and Conditions) in accordance with the follow scope, nature and purposes:
Nature and purpose of the processing of personal data In order that we can provide our Services to you in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
Duration of the processing of personal data The term of our contract with you in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, until we delete that data in accordance with that contract.
Categories of personal data being shared between you and us Data relating to individuals provided to us by you (or at your direction) during our provision of the Services.
Types of data subject in respect of whom we process personal data The data subjects in respect of whom you use our Services and data is sent (or provided) to us through those Services, by you or at your direction.
If you are simply viewing our website then we will collect the following information within our logs:
If you sign up to use our services we will then collect the following information:
While not actively collected we may store any other personal information that you may disclose during live chat, tickets or emails.
1. You should only submit to us or the Website information which is accurate and not misleading.
2. By submitting your or anyone else's data to us or the Website, you must ensure that you have full authority and consent to supply us with that data on their behalf and you warrant to us that you have that authority.
1. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2. We use this data to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. We hold this data for two years.
1. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We use industry standard security and firewalls on our servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
2. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
PayPal: Learn about PayPal's Policy
2. We hold all personal data securely, whether the personal data is in physical or electronic format. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
3. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.